Monday, June 8, 2009

Avid Xpress Gardening

Back in the year 2006 I did a lot of editing at home. I had a 17" Toshiba laptop and a PC desktop that I was running Avid Xpress Pro on, I have one of those Avid Mojo's too. I got my Mac Pro in late 2006 and that's when I pretty much made the switch from PC/Avid to Mac/Final Cut.

The first edit suite I used was a Grass Valley linear suite, then for a few years I jumped back and forth between Avid and FCP depending on who I was working for. The first time I used Final Cut I was asked by the director if I had used the program before and I said yes (even though I never even seen the program before) just to get the gig.

Here's a photo of the 21" screen I used at home back in 2006. I was editing an episode of 'Recreating Eden' for Vision TV. I mostly edited the episodes on my laptop but this day I was using the desktop for some reason.


Additional Note: Some directors don't believe that I actually use dissolves, well if you look closely at the timeline there are dissolves on there.

No comments: